Wednesday, July 30, 2014

How much are you worth?


I'm priceless.

I know that sounds a little cocky, but it took me a long time to get here.  I've had periods of depression, negativity, self-worthlessness and more.  I've had a pity party for them all.  Guess what?  No one is going to treat you better than you should treat yourself.

When you choose to M.O.V.E. into your potential,  there's a critical step to take after Mending your body, mind and spirit and Optimizing your resources and opportunities.


Wouldn't it be powerful if you fell in love with Yourself so deeply that you would do just about anything if you knew it would make you Happy? - Alan CohenIf you wake up every morning and think that you can't do something or that your life sucks, then it probably will.  Your words and thoughts are powerful.   If you want things to change, you have to start with YOURSELF.  Change your attitude.  Instead of saying, "I hate my job", you could say, "My job isn't all bad".  That still has some negativity attached to it though.  How about, "These are the things that make my job worthwhile- what other jobs will allow me to do those things regularly?"  If you are stating positive phrases and thinking positive thoughts most of the time, the things that could worry you don't even show up on your radar.  You will automatically turn them into a positive.


Value and know your worth.



Last summer for my birthday, my cousins and sisters were headed out of town to a Beyonce concert when a flash flood hit our area.  My cousin's car was submerged up to the engine and was less than a year old.  We were prepared to cancel the trip to help my cousin get her flooded car taken care of.  What would you do in this situation?  She took a deep breath, waded through the receding water towards my sister's car and stated, "There is nothing that I can do about this car over the weekend.  On to the concert!".  We left to go out of town and had one of the best birthdays of my life.  She chose to be positive in an extremely negative situation and everything worked out.  When she returned home her car had been towed to the dealership and is as good as new now.  While her situation wasn't positive, her response to the situation was.

I know you may have issues that are more serious than this, but it's not about what you are going through. It's about your attitude while the situation is occurring.  As you Optimize your resources, you will come in contact with people who are observing the way you react and respond to positive and negative situations.  One of them may hold the key to your dream job or may be your future wife/husband.  Look at it this way, since you've made lists to focus on positivity and things you can do to reduce your unhappiness, a sunny outlook on life won't be that hard. Always smile and believe in yourself.  If you don't Value yourself and know how priceless you are, who will?

Want help in learning how to put the M.O.V.E. principles into effect? Contact me for information on the next Exit Strategy session in an area near you!










No comments:

Post a Comment