Thursday, July 24, 2014

Various Reasons


I am a tiny bit passive/aggressive.

Theres Nothing Passive About My Aggression Pill box Pillbox Case Holder Trinket Box Sweetheartsinner Retro Humor. $7.50, via Etsy.I know it and I am trying to get better at it, but at least once a day I find myself slipping back into that behavior.  

Passive Aggressiveness is defined as a defense mechanism that allows people who aren't comfortable being openly forceful to get what they want under the guise of still trying to please others.   Bad, right?

Just seeing it in writing initially made me want to cringe, but then I decided there is nothing wrong with how I feel as long as I handle my interaction with others.

Unfortunately, that mindset prevents others from knowing who I really am.  When you feel one way and allow your relationships to be based on a set of different feelings- you're asking for trouble.

Right now, I've got more trouble than I need.  Job, family, education... Nothing is stable.  The only thing that connects these things is me.  I have to change something in order to move forward, so I have chosen to drop the passiveness and focus on aggression.  

While there are lots of definitions for aggression, I am choosing to share the one that best fits my mood- pursuing one's aims and interests forcefully.  I have decided to get out of my own (and everyone else's) way and focus on where I want to end up, not necessarily how I am going to get there.  God is my navigator, but I'm going to be in the driver's seat for this next leg of the journey!

What have you been passive-aggressive about in your life?  If you want to change that, please take 30 minutes out of your busy schedule to write down the things in your life that are frustrating you.  Be honest- are you part of the problem in those areas, or just along for the ride?  The first step is removing yourself those situations.  If you never get a chance to drive, how will you know if you are going to safely arrive at your destination?  

Share the top 3 things that you are going to forcefully pursue your aims and interests.  Who knows, one tiny step may take you to places you've never dreamed of! 


No comments:

Post a Comment