Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Are you confident?

I'm not.  I'm un-becoming.  As I recently embarked upon a new job opportunity, I started to notice a few things about myself.
   1.  I'm not as self-confident as I thought I was 
   2.  The last decade has taken a toll on my self-esteem
   3.  I desperately wanted both of those things to change

I always thought that the obstacles you encountered were there to help make you a better person, but what if they occurred to prevent you from taking the easy way out?  Just think: if you simply followed an easy path in life, you may never make choices that forge the steel in your spine.

My youngest son recently complained about the lack of choice he feels he has.  He is a sophomore in high school and career aptitude tests, magnet school choices and testing has propelled him down an engineering career path.  He is starting to balk at that foregone conclusion and I support his right to un-become.  In a world of technology and busyness the act of being still enough to hear God; to breathe deeply; to have the freedom to make the wrong decision is priceless.

Every step doesn't need to be measured or controlled.  Every task doesn't have to have a purpose.  As I un-become, I plan to take deep breaths, choose different paths just for fun and ENJOY the ride!

Are you stuck in a path to nowhere?  Make a list of the things you like to do for fun OR take a career test to see what you may be suited for: http://similarminds.com/cgi-bin/career5.pl 

Who knows?  If you haven't already chosen a career, this may be the start of something new.  If you have chosen a career and aren't satisfied with your choice, this could be the start of something big!  Either way, you will learn new things while you complete your journey to "un-become".
www.miasaenz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment