Sunday, June 29, 2014

Monday Mornings

I don't like Mondays.

Not because of work or because it's the start of a new week.  No, I do not like Mondays because it marks the end of last week.

As I sit here staring at the end of another Sunday (i.e. the END of last week), it hit me that my concern is not the end of the week or the start of another. It's regret.

Yep, I regret not having started or completed something that I really wanted to do.

The last 3 years of my life have been full of change.  The weeks that I hated the most were the weeks that I felt nothing got accomplished.  The only way to get myself out of a slump was to make lists.

I know it sounds a little simplistic, but DO NOT knock my list making skills.  I have lists on what to put on my lists; lists of chores; lists for work; lists for things my kids need to do; lists of things I need to do for my kids...  The list (pun intended) is endless.  The real silver lining that occurred when I started making all of those lists was seeing all of the items crossed off that I got done.

See, lists are really not about what you still have to do. They are about what you've already done.  Accomplishments are powerful.  Something as simple as getting your closet organized can morph into an Organization business.  You never know what is just around the corner until you make a list to get started.

Within the next 72 hours, sit down and create two lists:
1.  What things need to be accomplished this month?
2.  If you had no limitations, what things do you want to say you did?  This can be something small like choose a paint color for your bathroom or BIG like a safari in Africa.  This, my friends is your Bucket List.  We will revisit this later.

Please share anything inspirational with us.  Remember, this is your list.  No one is judging, so make it magical so you have no regrets!


http://undercdn.under30media.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/inspiration-quote.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment